Saturday, January 6, 2007

Looking forward

I am experiencing a new zest for life. I was sitting and talking with my husband Jeff and said that since my surgery I have felt completely different. For most of my 35 years I have just existed and now I want to really LIVE!!! I am not saying that I did not enjoy various portions of my life but I know that my weight really held me back from truly experiencing all aspects of life. As I begin the year 2007 I am not making resolutions, those things that nobody really sticks to, but am starting my life anew. I see my life as once again starting at the newborn stage. I know that first I will learn to roll over, then crawl, then walk and finally run. It is that running that I am really looking forward to. The only running that I have really done up until now is the running away from my life that I had often done. I do not have an update on my weight but I feel it melting away, along with my previous life. This will be the year that I shine! This whole new self that I am experiencing is helping me to appreciate the people around me. I know that I will be able to love those around me more as I learn to love myself more. Loving yourself is the first step to becoming the person that God really wants you to be. I pray every day that I continue to have the strength that I need to LIVE and the strength to help all those around me to live as well. I also thank God for my husband and our family and friends. This experience is helping me to want to be with those people more. Thank you God for all that you have given me!!!

No comments: