Monday, January 8, 2007
A great day
Yesterday I really experienced a boost in my new life. It may seem silly but I was so excited to make a lunch for some old friends and get to socialize with them afterwards. The greatest thing was that while cooking this great meal I did not feel jealous because I could not eat what I was making for everyone else. I even baked a cake the day before and did not feel the desire to lick the icing off the knife. To me this proves that I have overcome my food addiction. That step really helps me to look forward to the upcoming weightloss process that I will be going through after the surgery. It was the best day because I just had some fun visiting with old friends and it was especially a great step for my husband because he is trying to overcome some social shyness that he has experienced for most of his life. I know that we are both growing emotionally and that will help us to connect to each other even more. I can actually look at myself in the mirror and not see a disgusting fat woman anymore. I have not lost a lot of weight but I know that the person that I am really looking at is inside that overweight shell. All of these great steps that both I and my husband are making are being guided by God. God loves all of us and only wants the best for his children. I just want to continue on this positive track and know that with God's help I will become the person that I was meant to be. That person is not based on my weight but on loving myself. What is really getting smaller on me is my misunderstanding of myself and those closest to me. I now know that I can be great just like my day yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment