Thursday, January 4, 2007

In the beginning...

I am home recovering from my recent gastric bypass surgery and grateful that all is going well. Since December 19th, the date of my surgery, I have lost a total of 15.5 lbs. I feel really good about my progress. The doctor that performed my surgery was wonderful and I would recommend him to anyone. His name is Dr. Robert Quinlin and he is in the Pittsburgh Bariatrics group located out of St. Margaret Hospital. I only had one minor glitch in that I strained an internal stitch and it is causing me pain. I researched this surgery for months before I made the step to start the process which takes 6 months to complete. I also spent many hours praying for God's guidance in my decision. After the surgery I seemed to have what many would call a near death experience which had made me appreciate the life that I have and makes me want to enjoy it more. I have always had a problem of believing myself to be worthy of love and respect from anyone in my life but now I know that I really am worthy of not only giving love and respect but receiving it as well. I could type all that I have to say for hours but with my injury I will have to sign off for now but I will keep sharing my story.

1 comment:

Jeff Conn said...

Great job on the surgery and the blog. Happy Anniversary! Love, Jeff